Re: [AMC-list] 71 AMC Javelin for sale

Hi Todd, just optional, as floor shift was usually a few dollars more. In 71 if you got a say, AMX or Javelin 360 or 401 with four speed you automatically got console. AT also on floor got console. However for 72-74 if you ordered a four speed it was optional and about $49 more, same with three speed floor manuals.
Eddie Stakes
713-464-8825 days
www.planethoustonamx.com

Subject: Re: [AMC-list] [BaadAssGremlins] 71 AMC Javelin for sale
I've always wondered why some 71-74 Javelins have the column shift and others have the floor shift. Was that just an option? Or did it change in 72 with the change to the Chrysler tranmissions? Todd