Re: [AMC-list] 71 AMC Javelin for sale (column vs. floor shift)

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 06:46:30 -0500
From: "Todd Tomason"<jayscore42@xxxxxxxxx>

I've always wondered why some 71-74 Javelins have the column shift and others have the floor shift.  Was that just an option?  Or did it change in 72 with the change to the Chrysler tranmissions?

Todd

The floor shift was an option on base models. The AMX came with it stock. Most 360 or 401 models were ordered by the dealers with floor shift. Most sixes came with column (hardly ever see a six cylinder 71-74 Javelin!) and many of the 304s did.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine