Re: [AMC-list] amc bumper rechrome

I am presenting this information from an acquaintance who operates here in
Harrison (Northwest), Arkansas.

After seeing this post on the list, I asked Mark if he could handle AMC
bumpers and why his work is better than "Brand X"?  From his site, he
appears to focus on Ford.

http://www.bornagainclassics.com/

If you meet Mark, you will find him not a shy fellow!

He offers "LIFETIME WARRANTY SHOW CHROME".

*Why is mine better?*

" . . . other than the fact that Bumper Boyz bumper are 1 year warranty and
come complete with grind marks and defects left in the bumpers...

"About Our Plating Process: Triple plate is a process whereby a copper
layer is put on the steel and then polished, then nickel and then chrome.
The problem with this process is that the nickel doesn't adhere very well.
It is nice and looks great but won't last as long as our process. Our
process is actually a FIVE stage PATENTED plating process. First we put
copper on the bumper and highly polish it. Then we use a STRIKE nickel
plate that makes the next layer of nickel adhere so well that the bumper
can be bent 90 degrees without damage to the chrome! Next we put a layer of
dull nickel and then a layer of bright nickel that is polished. Finally we
put on the chrome which is an actual clear coat that is very hard. It is
also very thin! Duplex Nickel is a process that leaves the copper off and
leaves the strike process off. It is not any where near as durable as our
five stage plating process.

*Warranty?*

"As for LIFETIME...it is the LIFETIME of the bumper. No matter who owns it.
It has a serial number on the back. It just has to go back through me.

*'71 Javelin - $472 front, $472 rear*
*'73 Matador - $515 front, $515 rear*

Mark's place is a couple of miles away, if anyone wants me to take photos,
get details, whatever?

Good luck,

Jay