[AMC-list] heretical?

Finally have the old engine out of my SX/4, and just need to swap oil pan,
distributor, etc., from the old to the rebuilt long block. I was going to
try to get the "right" paint for the engine (currently black), but then
thought about matching the color to the trim of the car(very deep blue);
the car and bay are cream white. I'm no longer trying for original or
correct, for show purposes, so it's just personal choice. I've already
swapped the valve cover for an aluminum one I got from Kennedy American,
and went to a Holly carb to replace the Carter, and put a 5sp tranny from
my '83 Eagle sedan to replace the 4sp. There are a few rust holes on the
frame rails/fenders that need fixing before dropping the engine back in,
but really not bad looking. I don't think it'll be ready for the trip from
Maine to Michigan for the Livonia show in August, though; second time in
the past decade and a half it'll miss the trip. Next year!