[AMC-list] 67 Rebel - Rear wheel wells rusted out....& other questions

[AMC-list] 67 Rebel - Rear wheel wells rusted out....& other questions

67 Rebel wagon...
Q1: Anyone making replacement sheet metal?
Q2: How are you guys fixing this?
Q3: How are you getting out those damned trim screws around the well?

Q1 No sheet metal being made, you might try Mike Lakin mentioned in my PARTING OUT AMX file
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amx-parting-out.htm

as he was/is/probably still is parting out a 68 Ambassador, two 69 Rebels & 72 Ambassador, will all have same wheelwell areas, might be something you can use. you can also try CTC Autoranch in north Texas
http://www.ctcautoranch.com/Parts%20Cars/Parts%20Cars%20Sub-Pages/Parts%20Cars%20AMC.html

Q2: a good bodyman can fabricate some of this also.
Q3: hammer them from behind and they will come loose, don't hammer the hell out of them, unless you have stripped the phillips screw part on front them beat the hell out of them. they will always come loose. Warning, the wheelwell modlings are obsolete. Double warning, wheel well modlings on most AMCs are the leading cause of rust due to dust trapped behind them thru decades. If you must put them back on, be sure to run a coat of POR-15 under the lip and on the lip before installing.

Eddie Stakes
713-464-8825 days
www.planethoustonamx.com