Re: [AMC-list] AMC engine design

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:04:57 -0700
From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I remember reading about how the Gen II engine design was influenced by
the Buick
engine designer that did the 225 and 350 setup Kaiser used in Willys
Jeeps, but I
can't find it now.

Jim Blair

I don't recall that, but the SAE paper "American Motors Typhoon V-8
Engines" of 1967 introducing the engines lists Robert A. Petersen and Carl
E. Burke as the authors. That usually means they were the lead engineers.
Burke is also listed on the 1957 SAE paper for the Gen1 V-8, so Petersen
must be who you're talking about? No other SAE papers are listed with him
as author or co-author.