From: AMC-list [mailto:amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
FordManTED@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, 11 October 2014 6:46 PM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: cno1199@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Engine prep before startup

Hi Chuck- Remove plugs and squirt A/T fluid with oil can into each hole and
hand wrench engine over lots of time. Take air and blow out each hole if you
can.Use strong battery and remove coil wire so engine won't start and crank
it  over to remove some of the ATF. Remove v/cover and crank  engine till
you see oil coming up. Install V/C and plugs to start engine.  It will smoke
-don't worry.
   Next slowly add ATF thru carb and let it run. it will smoke a  lot; this
helps free up valves and lifters. Neighbors will think it is on  fire-so
much smoke. Watch water temp and oil pressure and let run ;it will clear
out soon. Seals should reseal if you saw oil on top of head.
  Might want to drain anti-freeze and add water only to keep water  pump
seal intact. Some times anti-freeze will leak past pump shaft. Then I drain
water and add needed anti-freeze. Also run fuel out of spare can until  you
check gas tank for water and rust unless you drained tank a long time ago.
You shouldn't have to do anything else if everything was done right on
rebuild.  Take care and GOD BLESS        FORDMANTED out  of WI. from Houston
,Texas

In a message dated 10/10/2014 10:38:38 P.M. Central Daylight Time,