Re: [AMC-list] Replaced the starter in a 232 and it's not engaging...

Re: [AMC-list] Replaced the starter in a 232 and it's not engaging...

Hi- Do you still have access to old starter? If so ;check location of
starter bendix  verses rebuilt. I have found that cheap aftermarket starter
some times don't hit where they are suppose to. Next trick is try one or two
washers and see if that helps. If not ; return starter and get old one and
take  to rebuild shop and have it rebuilt if you can't get one to match old
one.   You might try molding clay on bendix and hand turn engine over gently
and  see where bendix is hitting. Could be starter is a dud. Take care and
GOD  BLESS   FORDMANTED out of Wi from Houston ,TX.

In a message dated 10/10/2014 7:04:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,