Re: [AMC-list] 4 barrel intake for a 290

Re: [AMC-list] 4 barrel intake for a 290

" From: Matt Shumaker <mshumaker@xxxxx>
"
" []
" I could be way,
" way off on the carburetor models, because my knowledge is current as of
" the 1971 models and I am sort of thinking backwards here.  Prior to the
" change from 290 to 304, they might have been Holley carburetors.

original 4bbl on the '66 290 [and '67 343] was a carter afb.  iirc the
4bbl on the 327 was a holley.

both edelbrock and holley make under-500cfm 4bbls.

" The 4 barrel intake from a 1978 Matador would be for a spread bore
" Motorcraft 4350.  I am very, very familiar with both the intake and the
" carburetor.  I like both of them.  But they would be extremely difficult
" to tune for a smaller-displacement V8 like the 290. Significant

that would be true, but is the 4300 not spread bore?  it was stock on
302s about this time.