[AMC-list] Yesterday, today, and tomorrow

[AMC-list] Yesterday, today, and tomorrow

Thought some of you might like this. John Mahoney who used to be a big contributor here on amc-list, we still correspond, and compare 'notes' on some things. If you notice the red car in the youtube link is like a modern AMC Eagle with AMX/3 lines. The raising up is nothing new, hell, AMC did this in early 1980s with the 'load leveller' of which a factory one is on my wife's 82 Concord woodie wagon!
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/82-concord-34.jpg

I will put my white 210,000 AMC 4x4 Eagle up against that red car, mine can not only climb mountains it can battle Houston traffic and construction
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/photo-gallery-3-stakes/eagle-construction-1.jpg
Eddie Stakes
713-464-8825 days
www.planethoustonamx.com

===============================

http://www.largus.fr/actualite-automobile/retromobile-la-collection-lopresto-en-premiere-mondiale-5923384.html

http://blogautomobile.fr/reportage-festival-automobile-international-2015-256610#axzz3QunEFKtg

http://www.rizzoliusa.com/book.php?isbn=9780847845316

http://www.italdesign.it/it/projects/giugiaro-parcour/

http://youtu.be/sM9UgF6Os2s

Reminiscent of anything???

http://youtu.be/5ctbJjQLrlU

PS - Parcour is sort of a De Tomaso Mangusta cum AMC Eagle.  Giugiaro designed the Mangusta just before he left Ghia to found Italdesign.  An early project under his own banner was design of the Mark 1 VW Golf --- which bore no small resemblance to the 1970.5 AMC Gremlin.  A similarly-styled body --- and a modified version of the Golf's 1.7L I-4 --- would appear in 1978 as the Mopar Omni/Horizon.  Two years later, AMC debuted the car-bodied 4x4 Eagle.  Chrysler bought AMC and Eagle was spun into its Jeep/Eagle division. Chrysler made the AMC deal the year it bought Lamborghini.  A Lamborghini V-10 drives the 4x4 Parcour.  Everything is sort-of related: if only to me.

Giugiaro also designed this:

http://youtu.be/JQfJ-JvV8hs