[AMC-list] amc amx collection found

Located. Yesterday went to look at 4 AMXs. Two 68s, a r/w/b 69, and 73 Z
code 401. Reminded me of the show 'Life After Humans' where mother Nature
reclaims everything. The cars are JUNK. Restoration shop put them 'out back'
years ago, owner died, they never heard from him again. Guy calls me, rented
a car and drove out to snap these pix & try to document the cars for my own
records. I'll comment more further later but the red 68 is the 'rollover
car' and there is a lesson there about properly securing your car on
trailer. Another AMX in back is why you should not put t tops on them as car
is now cut in complete half. The red, white & blue car (engine shown) piqued
my interest but could not get to it with machetes. The Z code Daily Yellow
car has less than 50,000 miles on it and is only 73 AMX in that color w/401
(1420 73 AMXs made w/401) but only one I have ever seen in that color,
although is white, painted in 1987. Check out the original seat cover
material on back seat. Sold new at Frazzell of Houston. Yes, that is a
"flapper assembly" rotting on top of the 401. No, none restorable. I might
buy one or whole mess of that junk, depends on owner who needs them gone.
Eddie Stakes
713-464-8825 days
www.planethoustonamx.com