[AMC-list] Collier Motors AMC on American Pickers

[AMC-list] Collier Motors AMC on American Pickers

Last night’s American Pickers had Mike and Frank here in eastern North
Carolina at Collier Motors in Pikeville.  They “picked” two 1954 Nash
Healey sports cars.

For us AMC fans, there was quite a bit of video of the run down AMC
dealership including a lot of AMC cars in various states of decay.  Kinda
sad…   I had been by there a couple of time in years past but it was not
open.  You could see all of the cars outside among the weeds.  I met a
couple of AMC guys from that area who told me that Robbie Collier was a big
fan of AMCs and was a supporter of the AMC hobby.  He would sell whole cars
and any remaining parts from the parts department but would not part out
any of the cars.  Folks would try to get his cars for cheap and he would
not sell, so most of them have been outside for decades.  Folks want to pay
peanuts for AMC cars.  Collier obviously does not need the money.  If they
were Chevrolets or similar, then folks would have paid good money for them.
 The Lambrecht Chevy auction a couple of years ago had folks paying top
dollar for even the old used trade-in cars that had been outdoors for
decades.

Here’s some links you might find interesting:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=collier+motors

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Collier+Motors+AMC/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x9113bb94e54d0a8a?dg=dbrw&newdg=1

https://www.google.com/search?q=collier+motors+amc&noj=1&site=webhp&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=fMVUVay4Ka_IsASglIHIDw&ved=0CCoQ7Ak&biw=1280&bih=637

History Channel repeats the American Pickers episodes on a regular basis
and you might also be able to view it on line if you have high speed
internet.  (I have no speed internet here in rural eastern NC so I can’t
get videos and YouTubes etc.)

Happy AMCing y’all - Bill