Re: [AMC-list] machine clone [was: Does anyone sell a 258 distributor re

Re: [AMC-list] machine clone [was: Does anyone sell a 258 distributor rebuild kit?]

" From: "Randall Main" <mainr29@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" All,
" I am building a Matador Machine Clone. I have 1973 two door "I know the
" Matador Machine was only built in 1971". I have a 1972 standard four door

i've always suspected the chp cop cars - same body style - were
essentially 4dr sedan machines.

" Matador for the clutch petal setup and a 1973 ambassador two door for the
" front disk brakes and other upgrades. I have several 360 engines to choose
" from.
" My question is the bell housing for the T10 transmission. I will be using a
" floor shift. The four door comes with a T4 three speed attached to a six

little toploader with a 4-bolt cover?  that's a t14, the only
full-synchro stick that'll bolt straight to a '60s amc 6.

the sr4/t4/t5 doesn't show up until the late '70s.

" cylinder engine. I also have a bell housing off a 1978, 360 standard Jeep.
" Does anyone know if either of these bellhousings will work with the T10
" transmission? Or will I need to look for a bell housing out of an AMX of
" similar vintage?

the bell you need was used '66-'74 in cars and jeeps with both t-15
3sp and t10s.  in cars it was only v8s but all amc-powered jeeps used
it.  jeep sixes got a t14 with a different case and input that bolted
to the v8 bell.

btw that '78 bell would let you mount a ford toploader, rather
stronger and easier to find than a t10.  use the '78 3sp pilot bushing
too.