[BaadAssGremlins] Re: [Amc-list] VAM on 'the prestigious internet' site

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: [Amc-list] VAM on 'the prestigious internet' site

Hi Jonathan, no, I don't want a wikipedia account, nor have a intention of
ever wanting one. I don't have time to straighten it out, best leave that to
VAM 'experts' of which I am not one. But due to crap like wikipedia is why
we have stuff out there like the new Hot Wheels 71 AMX. While the details
and the car are nice, on back it has 'born in: Auburn Hills, Michigan' and
'designer: Chrysler LLC' and 'specialty: big a big rear spoiler, fender
bulges and optional denim interior, this muscle car was made for straight
line performance'

My point is simple: if someone had bothered to simply do a little research
instead of relying of some fool blogging on wiki (I don't know what Mattel's
problem was, but guess is that they found erroneous information off a
website; maybe wikipedia!) but it now takes years of undoing what one now
sees on back of Mattel's new Hot Wheels 71 AMX, as anyone who buys one, and
don't really know.....will always assume that Mopar made the 71 AMX 'because
they saw it on back of toy car box (or pick one: wikipedia, allpar, Mopar
website ect).

Griping about it here is good therapy and maybe, just maybe, some folks who
have more time on their hands will either comment in that goofy blog, and
get stuff straight, or even write Mattel to ask them to simply please get
facts straight on back of toy box. On the latter....Mattel had a 69 AMX that
you can sometimes find on ebay, and it came out in I believe 2001. Same
deal, "made by Chrysler" and many people called and emailed to no avail. 8+
years later, we get nice Hot Wheels car, but same misinformation on back.
Which is the gist of my original post. And as time goes on, all out cars
will be 'made by mopar' and more and more diluted stuff on wikipedia and
allpar about AMC, nothing more. It might be why no one ever commented in
that 'prestigious internet' blog spot, just sort of blew it off as allpar
for the course.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx