Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: need to find a way to title

That is what they do in Kentucky with an out of state car. A sheriff deputy checks the vin number then they do a saftey inspection on it. Lights, horn, turn signal ect. This is the guys only job. We have 5 branches plus the main one downtown. Each one has their own deputy. To do this he gets a badge, a uniform, a gun and a marked Ford Explorer that he is encouraged to drive anywhere he wants with free gas. . He sits at a desk and waits to see if anyone shows up. Some days he has none other days he might have four or five. He matches the vin number on the car to the vin number of the title then puts it into the computer. If it comes back clear he goes out and tells you to turn your lights on etc. He works Monday through Friday 9-5 and gets around $45,000 a year.  I think I did something wrong.
Terry

From: LarryS <vision1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, November 16, 2010 6:30:05 PM
Subject: RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: need to find a way to title

It varies state to state.
I'm not positive what MO will require. That's where a title company can
come into play and for $50 save you a LOT of heartache.

Maybe the PoA is sufficient. Maybe you need some sort of crap like "mileage
statement" or "vehicle inspection" (where a deskjockey cop verifies the
serial/VIN against the paperwork). Dunno the exact checklist or what you
have to exactly do to get it. But with a trick or two, it can easily be
done.

For that matter, you don't care how they do it, just as long as it ends up
in your name, right?

Larry.