Amish country AMCs, antiques,used book store in Strasburg...

Amish country AMCs, antiques,used book store in Strasburg...

 I drove up in my ol' '74 chevy p/u Friday evening with the girlfriend, and
spent the weekend up near Lancaster, in Gap, PA. While the girlfriend was
helping her Mom pack up to move out ( Notice! Auction June 3rd, selling
household items, car and truck(Ranchero, '70's), Winross scale trucks,other
fine Danbury mint cars, tools ( bandsaw, riding lawnmower, etc. ) household
items, etc, I drove around the area, hitting hobby shops, looking thru
antique shops, and having a blast. I found an AMX/2 Hotwheels car, the
Warpath, in near mint shape, but the guy wanted $55 for it, so I passed (
it's at Cackleberry antiques, on Rt. 30 above Gap, in the G.I. Joe shop, the
guy has an amazing amount of old GI Joe toys ). Saw several Eagles and
Concords around the area, as well as some old '50s Willeys jeep wagons, one
for sale near Strasburg. Got some great books and mags from an old used book
store about a mile from the Choo-choo Barn near Strasburg on Rt. 741: a '72
Gremlin glovebox spec book, some SIA magazines with Nash/Metro articles in
them, some REALLY old children's fiction books on stock car and drag racing,
and I didn't even get a chance to look at the rest of the book store, as I
was late getting back to the house to meet Barbara for more shopping fun.
But, it was a fun day, I hadn't had much chance to go driving around before,
we usually take the girlfriends car on holidays, this time I drove, we were
bringing back some of her Mom's furniture , so I got to go do stuff for a
change. :) Also saw a '60's 4-dr American, possible a '64, down near
Coatesville, where I posted last year that some fine AMCs were for sale at a
body shop. No other AMC's present this time, though. And the car was gone
when I drove back by, so I know it moves and runs.
I hit a few Hobby shops, found some Athearn cars with airplanes on them,
was hoping to find some nice auto racks, but just the more modern enclosed
versions, ugh! I'm into N, HO, 0-27, and G scales, I'm planning on putting a
G scale garden railway in my backyard near my deck this summer ( pulling up
the stinkin' English ivy now, it's overrun the entire 80' length of flower
border ), so I may get a few of the flatbed car carriers, and mount some AMC
models to them eventually. LOL.
Anyway, had a great time, although got sick on Sunday, had to drive back
all congested. Came back down Rt. 301 thru Maryland, that's a great route,
bypasses I-95 and virtually no traffic, took no longer than using the Big
Parking Lot Hgwy. If you ever get up that way, it's worth staying awhile,
luckily my GF's brother still lives there as well, so we'll have a place to
stay if we want to visit again. Her brother Mike is into Slot cars, and has
his own 4-lane track ( and an AMX in his display case, lol ), so he's ok.
Well, that's my weekend report, hope everyone else had a safe and pleasant
Easter holiday. I'm still sick, stayed home ( so much for flu shot
effectivness! ) , so at least I can catch up on my emails. Going to Carlisle
on Friday, hope to see some of you there ( I'll be driving my Pacer wagon,
brown, if I can get it to run ok by then ). Later, AMC'ers!

Jerry