Gremlin Update

The Gremlin has become quite a money pit...in the past month...

New performance rebuild trans..$700+
Front end rebuild and rear drum brake rebuild...$700+

The Gremlin is going in tomorrow for the long belated body work, to
straighten and primer will be $600 or so, plus what I paid for the door
and such. I ordered stripes from Kennedy American, don't know how long
it will be before the whole car is painted, but the insurance won't pay
for anything over the estimate till it's already bought.

The current problem at hand is a fault in the charging system, the
alternator was rebuilt when I got the car, maybe it's the voltage
regulator? Strange question, but is that little capacitor supposed to
be attached to a terminal..mine is just dangling off the alternator, did
it work itself loose? I think it's a Motorola type alt.

Then I need new tires...I like the white letter Firestone Firehaws...any
other WL tire recommendations?

Maybe when all this is done, I'll get my Walker turbo muffler...$80.

Then, to do something about actaully putting this performace trans. to
work. Would a 4V carb be overdone? What other performance
modifications are in order..I don't plan on taking any trips to the
machine shop tho...

--
Daniel Modlin
mailto:dmodlin@xxxx