Cecil show ( the drag racing ) rained out...show went on

Cecil show ( the drag racing ) rained out...show went on

 Well, it wasn't a great day for a show, it started raining lightly about
10 minutes after I got to the Drag strip at 10 am, but it was still a
worthwhile trip! I got a V-8 Crossmember for a Javelin ( won't fit Gremlins,
I heard ), guy had 3 there, one of them for an Ambo. I sold about $90 worth
of AMC toys, then spent $130 on the crossmember and a grill, and got a free
6-banger intake, carb and exh. manifolds for free from Brian, the guy who
sold me my latest Gremlin. It was a decent day for money-changing, anyway. I
also got a '57 Chevy grillbar from Brian, who I traded some Pontiac valve
springs for it. So, it was worth the the trip! I shot 60 pics in the
overcast, hopefully they'll come out. Not many Gremlins showed up, only 4
this year, two being new to me. A brown '73? Hornet X showed up, and ran the
strip early, I missed it though. I might have got a pic of it, but don't
remember. Looked mostly stock from the outside, bodywise. A white w/blue
vinyl top '74? Hornet showed up, it was nice as well. There was a hi-po
Spirit drag racer , tubbed w/parachute, that made a few runs. A georgeous
all-white Concord wagon showed up, guy sold it in a heartbeat. It was sweet,
all leather interior, I've never seen an all-white car like that before.
Looked great! A couple of Rebel convertibles showed up, a blue one and I
forgot the other color. Of course, AMX's and Javelins in abundance, although
not the number in the past, due to the rain. I had the lone Pacer at the
show, last year there were 4 present. Oh well, hopefully the rescheduled
show for Sept. 23rd will be much better! Imagine that, we get TWO Cecil shows
in one year! And in two weeks, ANOTHER AMC show in Aberdeen, Maryland, so
I'll be heading for that one as well, I hope.
Well, that's it for my report. I'll let ya know how the pictures turned
out sometime later. Heading to my aunt's 1000 acre farm for the rest of the
weekend, might try to do some work on my "fleet" down there between
raindrops. Later, folks!

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA
now a few AMC toys lighter