Advice re Starting a Gremlin that has sat for 2 Years

Advice re Starting a Gremlin that has sat for 2 Years

I have been told that it is unwise to start a car that has not been running
for several years. I would like a mechanic to look at 1975 Gremlin, with
18,000 original miles, which has not run for about 2 years.
An elderly local mechanic, who works on AMC cars, wants to come by the
garage and simply start it. He would put a new battery in if needed. I do
not want to damage to this Gremlin. Please advise. Thanks.

Check out my website at
http://personal.mia.bellsouth.net/mia/h/e/henway/Home.htm