Need some technical help!

Hi All,

This is Mike, I have a 71 gremlin 232 auto. Bart says it is the James Bond gremlin. Anyway,My problem is, rear wheel bearings, I need to replace them. Has anyone tried to do that themselves? I am having a hard time getting my hubs off. I have a puller, but they won't budge. Can I heat the collar to help it off? Is there a special puller for wheel hubs. I went to the local auto zone, and they just had the usual pullers, more designed for a harmonic balancer, than a hub. My next question is, Do I have to un bolt something in the differential to get the axles out? I took the cover off, and there is a pin running thru the middle of the axle, and there is a screw slot in one end. Does it un screw?
I have a gremlin/ Hornet Chilton soft cover book, But it doesn't say you have to do anything inside the differential. It says you just have to pull off the hubs, and get another type of screw puller to pull out the axle. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated! Mike B