Re: [gremlintime] Digest Number 193

Check the choke operation It sounds like it is staying on fast idle mode even after it is warmed up, and when it goes off fast idle after you press on the accelerator, the idle is too low. Well, actually, the problem is the carburator itself. Trash it and get a 2bbl Weber next $360 you have..or, get a 2bbl Carter and intake from a junkyard and rebuild the carb. I have no first hand experience with this one, but I've heard it's not *as* problematic as the 1bbl. Anything is better than the 1bbl YF Carter you have.

Message: 4
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:49:13 EST
From: LHSDrumGuy@xxxx
Subject: engine tech question

I have a problem with my 232 auto gremlin. Under braking and sitting still,
when it should be idling, the engine runs considerably faster. When I flutter
the gas, the rpm's fall to the point where it almost stalls out. I was
thinking that maybe a vacuum line was disconnected or something in the carb
is sticking. I have a new fuel filter and lines to put on, but before I do
so, I wanted to know how to solve this problem, as it appears the car has
been like this for a while, and had premature break wear. Thanks guys.

Brian
LHSDrumGuy@xxxx