Visit to Borders Books last night nets AMC material...

Visit to Borders Books last night nets AMC material...

 I was actually looking for the Sears repair center, but stopped in to
"look" at a map...then found several great books with some AMCs in them, one
called American Stock Car Drivers, on deep discount due to a razor cut on the
front cover...but it had a full-size shot of Dale Earnhardt's helmeted head
on the cover, and 3-4 pages inside on him. Had a great pic of one of the
Allisons perched on a Matador fender working under the hood. It covers many
of the old greats, as well as some of the newer ones, including Jeff Gordon,
Fireball Roberts, and some I've never heard of ( in my time, anyway).
Normally $29.95, it was discounted to $5, even the register clerk couldn't
believe I found something with Earnhardt on it. Also picked up the AMC
Musclecar book by Larry Mitchell for $25, an Unauthorized Nascar Fan Guide
'99, deep-discounted to $2, with one black and white shot of a Matador
sliding sideways, and some good history of racing back to the '40s inside,
and listing all the race team owners and address's and phone numbers. Pretty
cool! Well, on to work. See ya!

Jerry