newbie questions

Hi Gremlinians (Gremlinites? Gremlinarians?
Gremliners?)
I am considering buying my 1st Gremlin and wanted some
advice/info.
I was wondering if production figures are available
which include engine info. I know a 304 V8 was
available at some point and thats what I would like,
but the cars Ive run across were all 6's. Was a 4
speed available?
What is parts availability like? I had an Edsel so Im
aware its not always easy (another wonderful and
misunderstood car)
Is there anything specific I should be aware of, ie
all Pacers crack the exhaust manifold, sag on the door
hinges and get the inside door handle broken off?
Any info is appreciated!
Thanks
Tom

=====