Maybe I owe that neighbor thanks instead of a finger...LOL

Maybe I owe that neighbor thanks instead of a finger...LOL

 Woo-hoo! The Gremlin Garage has been getting a workout this week, I've
got the "other side" cleaned up enough to fit another Gremlin inside beside
the GT, been using my tools as well, and glad to have the space to use them
finally. Also got my ( actually, a shared ) Engine Hoist assembled and ready
to use. Now that my "projects" are undergoing repairs, registrations, etc.
I"m starting to feel better and better about getting things done! Luckily the
weather has cooperated, and tomorrow should be a good day to construct the
framework for the two sheds I'm building to house two cars, later for storage
use. I got the Pacer repaired today as well, "just" needed a Master Cylinder,
so it's back on the road $16 later. Next, got the '74 Gremlin up on 'stands,
and repaired the tranny line I'd busted loose when ground towing it with a
towbar. Just needs the battery charged, and maybe a bottom radiator hose,
then it should be ready to fire up again! I'm already planning to register
the Gremlin GT as well this coming week, so I can move the Subaru indoors for
now. I found a running car that just needs some cosmetics, and I can use mine
for parts to fix this other Subaru wagon, and it's only $200, so I'm pretty
sure I"ll be keeping the 'Ru now. I may get a decent under-20 year old car
running for a change! Usually most of my stuff is over 20, I have been
needing a more modern car for a long time. :) So, the only car left to deal
with is the Nissan 280zx, and I will probably call up a favor owed by a
friend, to use her garage to store it for awhile until it either sells, or I
yank the motor out and junk it. Either way, I figure I'll only have to move
one car off the property once I"m done. Whew! Thanks, neighbor! You actually
got my procrastinatin' buttocks off the chair, and onto the driveway
pavement! I'm not really happy it happened this way, but I must say I've
gotten more stuff done this week(end) on my cars than I'd thought possible,
or had done in the last 6 months. Too bad you remained anonymous, I"ll be
sure to print up a sign to thank you and place in my car window parked on
the street. :)
So, the ranting is pretty much over, got my sheds planned, the material
quantity totalled up, and now just need to go pick it up tomorrow, and start
in with the hammer and nailing. I hope to have them both framed in tomorrow,
just leaving the covering for last. Any suggestions for cheap weatherproof
wall/roof material? I'm still undecided, most seem to need painting, I'm
looking at the vinyl corrugated panels in white, but they're basically $20
for 4x8, so while the frame will be really cheap on both, under $90 for the
biggest 8 x 18 x 8, the covering will be the most expensive part. some nice
4x8 sheets of plastic would be nice, in opaque white. :) But I've never seen
any at the Home Depot or Lowes. Oh well. I'll figure something out, if no one
has a good suggestion. At least I'll have 3 AMCs registered and running
shortly, and driveable soon after. How SWEET it is! Oy, me achin'
back...guess I'll go get a shower, not used to putting this body to this much
use in so short a time. Everyone have a great weekend, so far I am doing
great on my "legalizing" cars...

Jerry
Woodbridge, VA
Not so worried now about the County Mounties....Here come De Gremlins!