More on AMC Sunroofs....from Americana mag...scan available

More on AMC Sunroofs....from Americana mag...scan available

 I bought a mag called Americana, put out by AMC, which has all sorts of
stuff dealing with life, and obviously using their products, at Hershey last
year. In it is an article on the "Sunshine Special", what the big sliding
canvas sunroof was called. This isn't the small glass one, this is the big
canvas rolltop. Anyway, it was offered for free for a limited time, thru a
coupon book called Fun in the Sun on specially equiped Gremlins and Hornets (
starting in '71 ). I think I remember reading somewhere though that as the
economy got worse into the late '70s, many options became available on other
cars, whatever it took to sell one, so this may have gotten sold on that
Matador Coupe the gentleman was enquiring about. But, it was originally
offered only on the Gremlin, Hornet, and Sportabout wagons at that earlier
time. I have an ad scanned of all three models with the sunroof, so if anyone
wants a copy Emailed to them, just Email me directly at Gremlingts@xxxx,
and I'll send it on. I also have another picture of it with a lovely young
lady inside the Gremlin opening the canvas roof, in black and white, I
haven't scanned that yet, though. This magazine also has some nice color
shots of a Gremlin towing a boat, a pop-up and a small camper, too. Maybe
next Carlisle or Hershey meet I go to, I can find some more of this magazine,
I like it! Pretty neat. Anyway, got one Gremlin running again this weekend,
hope to have another legal soon, and will be starting on my sheds this week.
For now, this is Gremlin Jerry signing off,

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA