Re: [gremlintime] Maybe I owe that neighbor thanks instead of a finger..

Re: [gremlintime] Maybe I owe that neighbor thanks instead of a finger...LOL

Jerry, If you need any 'Ru' stuff just let me know. Over the past 15 years
or so I've been the parts manager at two local Subaru dealerships here in the
northern Ohio. On another note, I must admit having learned something from
that 'Bart' do-do a couple months ago. Here's what just happened. Three
years ago, (February) I happened to stop in at one of the dealerships I had
worked at in the past and there in the used car lot was a 1998 Subaru 2.5 RS,
Rally Blue with the gold wheels and 5-speed stick. I knew i just had to have
it, but at the time I had one kid in college and one kid still livin' at
home. Over the years I've purchased many cars without my wife's
approval (4 Gremlins and 3 Subarus) but it occurred to me that I probably
should let her in on this one. It was a wise move. When I went back to the
dealer and signed the papers it became apparent to me that this 'Ru' was a
little extra special. Even though it had been sitting on the used car lot it
was still considered 'new'. What I found out was that everybody liked driving
it so much that every staff member at the dealer had put the max to the
mileage and that if it were driven even another 6 miles it would lose it's
'new car' status. And on top of that, even though it was Feb 1998, this car
had been assembled on the very first day of production in June 1997. Now
comes the lesson I learned from Bart. Last month the Subaru new car warranty
ran out and I had visions of installing the turbo and intercooler stuff
that's available for this car. A few e-mails with 'Ru' gearheads (is there
such a thing?) and I found out that my year 'Ru' engine can't handle the
horsepower output I was hoping for without spending big bucks for a 1999
engine. My next thought was ENGINE SWAP and Subaru did make a performance
engine (hard to believe) in their SVX model. It was a 2.7 liter six cyl
without turbos rated at 230 hp. Then it dawned on me, do I really want to
p-off all those Subaru 'Barts' out there with this swap like I did with the
'sbc' in my 13,000 mile original V-8 Levi's Gremlin? I think I'll just leave
it alone. The Mix