Ways to "legalize" project cars...tag them as trailers?

Ways to "legalize" project cars...tag them as trailers?

 Well, I"ve been thinking of creative ways to get around those onerous VA
laws requiring insurance to register the cars. While watching my "soon-to-be
better half" last nite playing cards on the PC, I had an inspiration...why
not weld or bolt a trailer tongue to each untagged car, and get them
registered as trailers? Hmm...now i'll have to research what constitutes a
legal trailer, as they're often made out of partial vehicles anyway....these
will just be "enclosed" trailers. With heat and air. LOL. Ok, so it's kinda
weird, but then, if they have a tongue that's permanent, they can be
trailers. After all the insurance requirement is for cars, not for trailers!
heh heh. Anyone ever thought of this as a solution, and can anyone knock a
hole in the theory? Tongue's aren't really cheap, but then again, neither are
sheds or garages! Maybe $100 for the cheapest tongue U-haul has to sell,
which is way cheaper than having to make sure you have a "complete" car
according to the county, and a trailer is a partial vehicle when usually
created. Still, it's a way around the restrictions, and can be converted back
into a "vehicle" at any time. I know I'm stretching it, but I only have to
convince the DMV to issue a plate, it's up to me to make it a "real" trailer.
So, maybe I'll be doing some more reading this weekend thru my books, I have
the legal Virginia State Inspectors guidebook, which should define trailers
enough to see if this is a loophole option. Wouldn't that just be interesting
if I can pull this off? :)
Well, any critique is welcome, I've only got two cars left that would need
this "conversion", and I wouldn't mind doing it to the project Gremlin or the
Subaru. And spending $200 to thumb my nose at the neighbors would be a true
blast. Anyway, guess I'll hit the showers, and think so more on this idea
that's percolating in my "Gremlin" brain. Y'all have a good Friday!

Jerry "the nightmare neighbor" Casper