Research can't hurt

Hi all you Gremlinites,
Because I can, I thought I'd talk about one more dumb thing I read in
the AMXtra. I am in my lasty semester of journlism so I think I should
state first that I like to see accuracy. There have been times where I
have posted things on my site that either were not too clear or were
not correct. In all those cases, I made it a priority to correct the
goofups. I like to think that I minimize these errors by making sure I
research what I am talking about.

As for Larry, he writes that Chrysler bought AMC in 1987. This is
correct. He goes on to say that AMGeneral was part of the deal. This
is grossly incorrect. AMC sold their AMGeneral government contract
division way back in 1983 to LTV incorporated. The reason for the sale
was the government did not want to deal with a company that was
largely owned by foreign agents which was the case with AMC at the
time and their dealing with the French. Later, Larry writes AMGeneral
was sold by Chrysler to Genral Motors. This is a partial truth. GM has
purchased the rights to market and sell the HUMMER civilian SUVs. The
Renco group bought AMGeneral from LTV in 1992.

All of this information was found at the HUMMER.COM site so it is
accurate. How about checking your sources Larry?
Peace
Paul