update

I'm sorry, but I cannot contain my "restoration joy." I took my
radiator to a radiator shop and he is going to boil bath it, clean it
out thoroughly, and repaint it for $40. I also took off the fan and
fan pulley, and painted them. The alternator bracket was crooked
causing the fan belt to be crooked, so I took it off, straightened
it, and painted that too. I cleaned most of the right side of the
engine compartment with ajax and a scrub pad. I guess I was tired of
looking at the 1/4" of gunk that was caked on everything. I think I
was able to find out why the winshield washer motor wasn't working
and I cleaned it up real good and now I need to blow the lines free
and see if it works. I didn't have time to do that because I had to
come to work. I still haven't found the gas line that hooks up to
the vapor canister because I haven't had the chance to crawl
underneath the car and find it. I'm real tempted just to keep the
258 in my car and just rebuild it. I really don't need a faster
car. I just want my Gremmy restored and running smooth with some
good pickup. Hey, there was a web page that I got as a link to
someone that posted a message a while back. The link is to place in
Sugarland Texas that seels AMC parts super cheap. Does anyone know
anything about the site's credibility? They were advertising master
cylinders for like $10, and brake pads for $2. Sounds too good to be
true.

Cullen
'76 258