Re: [gremlintime] Re: Iron Dukes and other motors

Re: [gremlintime] Re: Iron Dukes and other motors

Top fueler? How about something able to keep up with traffic?! I've driven Iron Lung fours--in anything heavier than a no-power-option Fiero, they're pathetic. In a 3000lb S-10, they're horrible. In a 3400lb CJ-5, they're dangerously underpowered.

And I've found them to be average (at best) with regards to reliability.

----Original Message Follows---- From: "chevetteroadwarrior" <chevetteroadwarrior@xxxx> Reply-To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [gremlintime] Re: Iron Dukes and other motors Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 16:36:33 -0000

Once again. Maybe its reliability there looking for, not a top
fueler. Let em build it how they want, ITS THERES!!!

In gremlintime@xxxx, "John Ferguson III" <liberty_valence@xxxx> wrote:
The Iron Lung may be reliable, but it's a DOG.

It needs a nice 360 or 401.

And my 401 had 250,000 miles of police use, 3 years in a junkyard,
& 45,000
hard miles in my 74 before spinning a bearing.

----Original Message Follows---- From: "way2phastphil" <way2phastphil@xxxx> Reply-To: gremlintime@xxxx To: gremlintime@xxxx Subject: [gremlintime] Iron Dukes and other motors Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 03:24:52 -0000

According to someone on this list, all AMCs with Iron Dukes
(That's
a D, not a P,) are parts cars. WRONG!!! Their basic premise is that
motor not made by AMC is no good. Well, the PONTIAC motor in my
Kammback has over 160,000 miles on it. Having owned 15 AMC/Jeep
vehicles with a variety of motors, it seems that the company of
origin is not important. As for being a parts car, the Kammy was my
daily driver for a long time, with about a 120 mile round trip each
day. Now, I'm spoiled, got an Eagle with an automatic tranmission,
instead of the 4 speed. Sometimes those that know the least, know it
the loudest. Drive what you want, but repect what others drive.