Roof rail info on Gremlins - '78 GT measurements...

Roof rail info on Gremlins - '78 GT measurements...

 Ok, I went out and measured my roof rails with a metal measuring tape,
couldn't bend it easily around the roofline on the side, so some measurements
won't really be too precise. Here goes -

- (4) roof rails, approximately 40 and 1/4 inch long ( maybe minus 1/16th
inch or so )
- ends are pointy, with flat 1/8th inch tip to them, approximately
- center-to-center rail measurement approximately 9 and 11/16th inches,
maybe minus 1/64th inch
- inner-to-inner edge distance between adjacent rails is 9 and 3/16ths
exactly, it looked like.
- 29 and 3/8ths inch distance between OUTER edges of OUTER two rails.
- Rear tips of rails are practically even with rear edge of roof rack rail,
and approximately 8 and 3/4 inches from raised "point" on rear sheetmetal
roof lip closest to (outer) rails.
- Front tips of rails approximately 6 and 1/2 inches from the top edge of
front windshield moulding.

Well, this isn't the most precise measurement methodology, but it's the
best I have available. I'll check my Crash Estimating guides, see if they
have any more info on location of the rails. Doubtful, though. Probably an
internal AMC technical bulletin somewhere on it, I'm sure. Good luck with
your installation!

Jerry ( the newly married man ) in Virginia