Re: Roof rail info on Gremlins - '78 GT measurements...

Re: Roof rail info on Gremlins - '78 GT measurements...

Wow, Jerry - Thanks!

I've just joined this group and I guess you just got married -
congrats! And I really appreciate your taking the time to measure
thode things for me. I think I should be all set now, although my
strips are technically incorrect ( with squared off ends ) I guess it
will be OK. I'm actually shortening ones I got from a Concord wagon
in the junkyard. Now to give something back:

I don't know if everyone knows this, but the rubber inserts for
mounting the roof rack and the plastic, waterproof clips for mounting
the strips are readily available:

Rubber Inserts - These are known as "Wellnuts", and the size
is "1/4 S". Ten are needed for a Gremlin, and the part number is
347102. Call Pop (as in the rivets) Fasteners in Kentucky at (270)
886-3951.

Plastic Clips - Don't even ask for an AMC part here - this item is
now listed for BMWs, and it's part #2309 (5113-1804-205) from a
company called WE. I found them through the Car Quest auto parts
store near me, and the box of 25 lists them as "side molding clip
with rubber sealer - BMW" Hope this info helps others.