Gremlin Carb

Hey gang, I've got a 304 engine in my 72 Gremlin X but it is really slow off a dead start. Its got the 998 auto in it, and I want to make this thing a little quicker. I'm not looking to race this thing, just suprise some people in town. I bought a Performer intake, and was wondering what carb I should bolt on. any thoughts? Thanks.

Dave