Re: [gremlintime] Gremlin Carb

In a message dated 9/25/02 2:31:48 PM SA Pacific Standard Time,
vangremlin@xxxx writes:

> Bart:
>
> Thanks for the good advice. I'm also planning on the better exhaust - how
> much noise do the headers add? Is there a high performance exhaust
> manifold
> similar to what is available for Mustangs, or do you either go stock
> manifold or header? What's your thoughts on the torque converter?
>
> Dave

Headers don't add noise unless you run only headers LOLOL.AMC had free flow
manifolds buut are really hard to fit i know this becuase a friend of mine
whos on my BaadAssGremlins group was trying to add them to his 72 304 X and
was having trouble and ended up buying headers.As for a convertor a 1900 to
2200 stall would do well also heres a website that has aftermarket convertors
for your trans <A HREF="http://www.tciauto.com/tci.htm";>TCI Automotive®- Home</A> As for gears,do you know what type
your running in your rear?i assume you have the AMC model 20 12 bolt rear
since yours is a factory 304 V8 Grem right?a set of 3.54 gears would really
wake up your performance.I hope i helped you in some way
regards
Bart Mangrum
"Falfas Coupe"