RE: [gremlintime] eBay: 1971 and up AMC tilt steering column for automat

RE: [gremlintime] eBay: 1971 and up AMC tilt steering column for automatic

Bill,
I reviewed the pictures and it does look like a GM column, AMC did use GM
colummn in their 1980-88 models..so this may or may not actually work, as
far as it working for 1971 and up?....well I don't think so. My 77 Hornet
and 74 Gremlin X have a Chrysler set up. just depends on your particular
usage.

Talk to you later,

Charlie
77 Hornet Sportabout X
74 Gremlin X

>From the Desk of Gremlin 98 ®

>From: Bill Larkie <bldfw@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: baadassgremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, amcgremlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>americanmotorscorporationamc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, amc-parts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, northtexasamc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [gremlintime] eBay:  1971 and up AMC tilt steering column for
>automatic
>Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:43:55 -0800 (PST)
>
>This item is on eBay and says that it's a "1971 and up
>AMC tilt steering column for automatic"
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7948851574&category=33704
>
>I may be somewhat clueless on AMC's past '75, but that
>column looks suspiciously like a early-mid '80s GM
>steering column, I'd say from the looks of the
>steering wheel, a Pontiac 6000.
>
>I had an '83 6000 for 19years and I've installed two
>of them.  Did AMC use GM steering columns??
>
>Bill
>Dallas, TX
>'72 Gremlin
>'72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon (newly restored)
>'71 Mark III
>'70 Cadillac Convertible

>http://mail.yahoo.com

Give the gift of life to a sick child.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5iY7fA/6WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/kkiolB/TM

Shortcut URL to this page:
  http://www.onelist.com/community/gremlintime
Gremlintime(Home of the AMC Gremlin on the WWW):
  http://www.geocities.com/gremlintime