Toyota passes VA inspection ( whew!), time to work on the Gremlin(s) aga

Toyota passes VA inspection ( whew!), time to work on the Gremlin(s) again...

 Well, I had to take a day off from work, the truck was 4 days out of
legal inspection, was hoping it'd take me only a few hours to get it
ready...nope, more problems cropped up ( maybe cause it was sitting next TO a
Gremlin??? ). I had to reattach the exhaust, it fell off the FRONT of the cat converter
unexpectedly, weld had rusted out around the pipe, and the horn still didnt'
work, had to tear the column apart to fix that problem. But, after about 5
hours of that and installing a ignition switch bypass starter button, I had it
ready enough to take in and get it passed. WOO-HOO!
So, now maybe I can get back and concentrate on the '74 Gremlin, get
the timing chain replaced, then start repainting the parts and reinstalling
them. I've had that dang Toy needing repairs hanging over me for a few months
now, glad to (hopefully!) be done with them for awhile. I'm planning on getting
the GT antique tags this week, so maybe I can actually get it running enough
to drive around the block soon! LOL. I should BE so lucky.
Well, the day wasn't wasted, I came home, cut the HIGH grass in the
back of the yard I hadn't done in 3-4 weeks, took alot out of me! Pulled some
weeds, got some things done while I had the day off...I think we need a National
4-day work-week! Sure is nice to get things done, only time off can help that
issue. Now the wife is planning our delayed Honeymoon "cruise", only we're
gonna be cruisin' on land thru our State of Virginia for a week long
Lets-see-whats-out-there type of vacation/honeymoon. I need the time off! With all the
new Terrorist-threats-may-be-likely reports, we don't want to fly or boat
anywhere out of country right now. We'll play it safe.
Well, that's all for tonight, maybe I'll get some progress made on the
Gremlins if the rain-storms hold off after I get home from work. :) AMC ya
Jerry