not AMC but I need transmission help..PLEASE!!!!

not AMC but I need transmission help..PLEASE!!!!

My son has a 69 mustang with an early 70's 302 and a 73 C-4
transmission. He has gone through 2 modulator valves in a year. He
has been using a modulator valve with 1 vacuum line on it. After
researching this, it was determined that there were 2 modulator
valves used in C-4's. An EGR and a non-EGR. The non-EGR has 1
vacuum line on it and the EGR has 2 vacuum lines to it. Is ther any
way to tell which modulator valve he should be using? Thanks....

Dave Shaver
Havelock, NC