Lower Front Trim Piece

Hey folks,
I've dismantled the entire front end of the 72 Gremlin
except for the lower trim piece under the bumper.
I've a sinking feeling it's spot welded on as I can
figure out how it's removed. Now, having said that,
part of it is caked with grease from years of
antifreeze/freon and road dirt so maybe I'm missing
the obvious. It's got a nice dent in it on the
drivers side.

Anyone have any insight into how to get that piece
off?

Thanks.

Bill
Dallas, TX
72 Gremlin
72 Custom Cruiser Wagon (newly restored)
71 Mark III
70 Cadillac Conv