From: "Marc Montoni" <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 12:32:10 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] alignment settings

Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Jegs shows the following bar available for the 69 Ambassador and AMX.
>Just thought I'd mention it.
>ADDCO #020-863
>
># 1-1/8'' Front Sway Bar 1968-69 AMX & Javalin
># 1967-69 Ambassador, Marlin, Matador & Rebel

By the way, if you have AutoZone, I believe they carry Addco.  If you order through them you might save the shipping charges.

"Wayne E Lamothe" <superglider@xxxxxxxx> said:

>Hopefully, by tomorrow evening I will have the major components of the
>front suspension on the 69 Ambo back together.  Once I have all that
>squared away then I will drop the engine and tranny back in.  The factory
>alignment settings are really for old bias ply tires and 5 inch rims.  I
>will be running 7 inch rims and radials so I would think the setting has
>to be a little different.  Any suggestions on what I should set the
>caster and camber at?  I would also think toe in should be close to the
>factory specs, eh?

Check out what Performance American Style had to say:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/A36n50m_IztvwyaexOGvPw?authkey=Gv1sRgCLzvp9nM5_aO4AE&feat=directlink

>BTW, does anyone have a Rebel V8 front sway bar.  Reading through the
>literature I found that the Ambo front bar is .87" and the Rebel is .94"
>and is recommended as an upgrade.  I will be running a Machine rear sway
>bar.

The factory rear bar will give you the biggest handling kick for your buck.

I have a 71 Ambassador 4 dr Brougham with the 360 4 bbl, HD springs, and the fat police-package front and rear bars.  I don't think I've ever had another stock AMC that I thought had absolutely thrilling handling right out of the box (with the possible exception of my 80 Spirit GT).

MARC MONTONI
Richmond VA
http://RichmondRambler.tripod.com/
http://Hasdrubal.tripod.com/Index.htm
http://FreeVirginia.blogspot.com/
Cu vi parolas Esperanton?
Freedom.  Responsibility.  www.LP.org
I'd rather push a Rambler than drive a Toyota.
Visit www.AMCRC.com or www.AMONational.com .