Re: Gremlin Door Hinge Bushings??

Below is info from past in the archives CD.

What I have done is to merely remove the hinges and pins and took them to
the parts store.  Napa parts, I think.  Looked in the "Help" parts racks and
then ended up measuring the pin Dia and the diameter for the hinge hole.
Then looked for like measurements on the repair kits packages.  Some came
with new pins. (GM parts, I think).  I did this a couple of times for
different cars.  In one case I could not find the right diameter for the
current hinge hole so I got a larger diameter pin and then drilled the hinge
out to match.

Get the brass bushings and use good lube.  Some drill the hinge and install
a grease fitting.  Much better than original nylon bushings.

It seems like I used set of bushings for a Nissan something or another one
time and a GM set with replacement pins on another. (I think it was a GM
parts kit for my Hornet).

See below for info taken from archives on this...
Ralph Ausmann  -  Hillsboro, OR - > <ralph.ausmann@xxxxxxxxx>
http://mysite.verizon.net/res79g4m/ ... and "check the links"
 -