Re: [AMC-List] 1969 AMC V8 spark plugs

From: "Jeff & Caroline"
<<mailto:jbennett1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>jbennett1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] 1969 AMC V8 spark plugs
To: <<mailto:amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

What number champion plug do you use in this motor, the tech
manual says
rn12yc-the champion website calls for the rn14yc, I put the 14's
in my amx
now its not running as good, I pulled autolites out and didn't
take the
number off them- I think they were 65's, and their website calls
for 66's
wHAT GIVES?

Life seemed so ez
Jeff
Tampa Bay
1969 390 AMX

Jeff, The period correct plugs for your AMX are Champion N-12Y, the
C is a for a modern copper core plug. I never got along with the copper
core plugs. I always thought they were a step backwards. Also the factory
plugs are a solid plug without the screw on cap most after market plugs have.
Be sure you have the caps on tight or the engine can miss. I use the Bosch
Platinum plugs in my cars. Platinum has a wider more forgiving heat range
then a standard or copper core plug because it flows electricity and heat
better.
Yes, they are couple bucks more then standard plug but I've always had good
luck with them
in AMC engines. Get the Bosch plug in an N-12 Champion heat range and you
should have no problems.
LRDaum