Re: [AMC-List] E85 and Old Cars

You should be able to find websites on converting. If you can't, search for ethanol conversions. E85 is 85% ethanol, 15% gasoline. That's just enough to increase volatility for easier cold weather starts/running as I understand it.

Make sure you rebuild the carb and replace all fuel lines if they are original. Any natural rubber and some older synthetics will be erroded by the ethanol. If you have a plastic or foam float I'd replace that too. Any new one should be alcohol resistant, or any made over the last 15-20 years (since "gasohol" -- 10-15% ethanol -- has been out).