[AMC-List] E85 and Old Cars

I think Charlie Nash, George Mason, or George Romney
would be jumping on the E85 bandwagon today.  They
might even have a Rambler model called the E85.

When and if it becomes commonly available here in CA,
I think I'll convert one of my old cars to run on it.
Surely a Rambler three speed with overdrive would get
decent mileage on it.  And it sure beats paying dues
to ragheads (excuse me, people with textile headwear)
who want nothing from me but my money.

Archer Daniels Midland may stand the most to gain by
E85 right now, but the technology to make ethanol is
pretty simple (although patented biota may complicate
the issue in the future).  Too many folks know how to
set up a little production device in a secluded hollar
in the hills.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA
Joe Fulton