Re: [AMC-List] 65 alternator

That's more likely a diode or choke coil -- and most likely the latter. It shouldn't be a resistor. Choke coils were used for AM radio suppression from the alternator. If that's what it is then you can simply eliminate it. You might get some noise over the AM radio if you still use it though.

Where do the wires attached to it go, and what color are they? If they go from the regulator into the harness, I'm betting on the choke coil. If it's between the reg and the alternator itself it *could* be a diode. Diodes are usually round and have a stripe (or two) around the body near one end.