[AMC-List] Starting New Project For the Orange Hornet

[AMC-List] Starting New Project For the Orange Hornet

While waiting for on going work to be completed after the holiday
weekend and being stuck in the house due to the rain heat and humidity
it is time to see about the next project. With the windshield lettering
tinted job completed I need to start on the next project. I went through
my parts closet and got out all my 77 AMX fender flairs and front air
dam. I bought a set with some extras a few years ago from a tip on eBay
from a member of Bart's Gremlin group that I am a member of. This turned
out to be a real good tip as I bought extra parts from the guy I bought
the flairs from and his brother. One brother in N.C. and the other in
northern N.Y. State. I picked out the best 4 for the rear wheel wells. 3
of the 4 are painted and the 3'rd is the natural red plastic color. It's
time to get out the SEM bumper stripper and get on to starting stripping
the flairs this weekend. I did a test last year and the SEM strips the
paint off the flairs without damaging the plastic. SEM also makes a
bumper primer which I will use. I have a gallon of Sherman Williams
acrylic enamel the color of the car to paint the flairs with but will
need some tints make it match right. I also have the Impact 200 additive
to keep the paint flexible and prevent cracking like the paint that is
on there now. The wife was happy to see the grill and headlight doors
out of the house. She hasn't noticed the 4 flairs that miraculously
appeared from thin air here now this afternoon. SHAZZZZZAAAAAMMMMMMMM
What fender flairs?????? :-)
"Doc"