Re: [AMC-List] Blessing of the Cars/T-35 trans pan

Re: [AMC-List] Blessing of the Cars/T-35 trans pan

I seem to recall making a thick rubberized cork (don't know what the material was -- looked like a black cork) pan gasket, and also had problems sealing. Mopar makes a specific silicone compound for sealing transmission pans. They use it on new models instead of a gasket. Surfaces must be really clean, but it works well. Any Chrysler dealer should have it. I used it on my AW-4 -- I'm pretty sure that when I went for a gasket to a Jeep dealer that's what they gave me, but can't be positive now.

The V-6 in the early American sounds intriguing. It has to be a narrow (60*) 2.8-3.4L model. The only problem with them is the stock accessories are to wide, but there are narrow "hot rod" brackets available. Did you get an underhood pic? I'd sure like to see how the accessories were mounted.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"