Re: [AMC-List] 65 Rambler 990 convertible prototype?

Re: [AMC-List] 65 Rambler 990 convertible prototype?

I'm a little confused at this one. Ok, BOTH. There was 3499 1965 Ambassador
990
convertibles produced in 1965. Production would have begun however in August
1964 for the 1965 line. The build sheets however were usually predated from
previous year, like for 1968, they would read 67. The VIN on this particular
vehicle H304761 is not anywhere near beginning of production. I'm curious at
to what makes it a actual prototype when almost 3500 of them were made I
guess?
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZharperboy
(item #330017672177)

yet this is another 'preproduction prototype' on ebay:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjustsaymofo
(item #160021105662 )
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX