[AMC-List] And what is behing door # 65?

[AMC-List] And what is behing door # 65?

To add to the mystery;

E101946  7 DIGIT VIN last used in 1965 This VIN not used in 1964 or 1966
Ambassador 8 287
White

H304761  7 Digit VIN last used in 1965, according to my reference files,
this VIN could have been used in 1964 and not used in 1966
Ambassador 8 327
Teal

The option list for 1965 shows bucket seats and console in my reference
library.

1966  used a 13 digit VIN with 7th digit being model/engine. Although I
understand that this is not cast in concrete either as early 1966 VINs
might be 7 Digit. If only to add confusion to things.

>From where I sit, the VIN number by itself does not give enough data to
support or disclaim either hypothesis.
I have found in doing AMC/Rambler research that the truth is stranger
then fiction.
How about a base model AMX?
John