Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 08:54:26 -0400
From: Wayne MacQuarrie
Subject: [AMC-List] Re dyeing seat belts

I would be very concerned with comprising the strength of the
webbing. I
don't know about anyone else but restoration is one thing but the
safety
of my passengers is first in my mind. Also i'm sure someone has a
black
belt that you could get for free or at least a good price. Just my 2c

Wayne

<>

I'm with Wayne - materials age, especially things that are in the
weather & sunlight like seatbelts - even just lying around in
a warehouse since 1971 degrades simply from chemistry.

Watch a few crash tests on TV commercials and ask yourself if
you would prefer a New Seatbelt or a used one that is 35 years
old, while strapped in & slamming into a Hummer......... hmmmm

........ I'd definatly go with a NOS AMC since it's
'Original'......... [ ...... yeah ...... right . }