Re: [AMC-List] Fuel Injecting the big dogs

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> " That's really good news -- I'd never heard of anyone running
> " open-loop *FI successfully.
>
> until the '80s, all efi was open loop.
> [...}

Well yes -- I meant aftermarket add-on -- Holley Pro-Ject bolted
onto a Jeep without feedback -- and didn't mean to imply that
it was universally bad, just extremely difficult what with all
the factors.

> not linearly proportional or carbs would be a lot simpler.  iirc vac
> in a venturi - which is what pulls the fuel through the jet - is
> proportional to the square of the air velocity.

I think so to, it's definitely not linear! It's amazing that carbs
work at all.